background

Monday, January 25, 2010

...because HOME is where your story begins

The idea behind this layout came from the UpperCase Living catalog {inspiration can come from anywhere.} "Because Home is where your story begins" was a saying in one of their home dec pieces. It struck me the second I read it. I realized that this is the reason I do so many of the things I do... because here, with me, is where their stories begin.

I thought of this saying several times over the next few days. At the time I was designing layouts for the ScrapbooksPlus design team call. I decided to incorporate it in this layout that I made for the DT call. I distressed this tag and hand wrote the title in pencil first {I take the pledge I signed for Heidi Swapp quite seriously and ALWAYS write in pencil first.} I went over it in 05 Zig pen, added some flowers and ribbon and voila!


It was so easy to journal for this particular layout. I had no trouble explaining myself. The journaling is a little personal so I hid it behind our family picture so it isn't just out there on the page for everyone to read. It is behind a little door so the reader has to find it. I do this a lot... hidden journaling. If you are curious what the journaling says you will be able to read it on the ScrapbooksPlus Design Team Blog on February 2nd.


No comments:

Post a Comment