background

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things


 So true!  The best things in life aren't things.  I designed this layout using the Lost & Found Ruby collection by {My Mind's Eye.}  I love the pinks... well, because I am a total PINK girl but also for this time of year with Valentine's Day just around the corner.  When I think of Valentine's Day I think of my 3 little valentines.  I saw the "BEST THINGS IN LIFE" sticker on the MME sticker sheet and right away in my head I finished the sentiment with "... aren't things."  I love titles with different texts, they are so visually interesting so it doesn't bother me that I had to find a way to finish my title myself. 


To create my title I used the Floral & Lace Glitter Paper shown above.  I cut off the edges that had the red glitter accent on them as well as the little box out of the lower right corner.  I placed a piece of the Grey Quatrefoil Embossed Paper on the back of the opening.  Then I popped the sticker off of the page using foam adhesive and used some Theresa Collins rub-ons from my stash for the "aren't things" part of the title.


Aubrey and Cullen were having fun in front of the camera but Hadley just wanted to be snuggled.  I was able to get a few cute shots of her in her car seat but the warning label was really distracting.  I sanded the edges of the photo and proceeded to add embellishments to cover up the distracting element.  You can see the finished results below.


 I used some tape and buttons from the collection.  I also removed the sticker from the center of the metal accent and added an "h" for Hadley to the metal piece.  I then decided to also add my other kids' initials to the LO near their photo.  I chose a grey "c" for Cullen and used another pink "a" for Aubrey.  I stepped back and looked at the LO when I was done and saw... CHA!  I hadn't realized before but my kids initials are CHA... love it;  (for anyone who may not know CHA stands for Craft & Hobby Association.  They just had there big winter release show in early January so everyone has been talking about CHA... at the store, on the blogs, on podcasts, etc.)


 I added this little cluster of embellies around my journaling block,  I used lots of stamps and some dies to make my own embellishments. 


The sticker sheet from this collection came with some really fun word stickers.  I used them here next to this photo of my big kids.


 When I was adding the year to my LO I realized the sticker sheet didn't have a 0, only numbers 1-10.  I looked all through the whole sheet trying ti find a 0 and instead I found the little heart.  Just goes to show you that sometimes the best design elements actually begin as a mistake or a problem.

Here is the finished LO!  I hope you've been inspired:)

No comments:

Post a Comment