background

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt


Today I am celebrating 34 years of me!!! So far the day has been wonderful. I woke up to several happy birthday messages on my phone and a few sweet birthday cards. Then I took the kids to the clubhouse for our annual Easter Egg Hunt. I got to see many neighbors that I don't get to see very often and the kids had a blast searching for undiscovered eggs near the lake after the event had ended. Did I mention it was raining the whole time they were searching! They got so wet that they had to walk home, they were too wet to get in the car. I took lots of photos to scrap, even a few of them walking home... they were so cute sharing an umbrella:)


Here is a layout of last year's egg hunt! I used My Mind's Eye's Follow Your Heart. It is a fun collection of papers and embellishments and while they aren't your typical colors and prints for Easter papers they work really well with the theme. MME has a brilliant creative team and I think they did a fantastic job thinking outside of the box on this collection.




This little guy is was so much fun to make. I started with a chipboard bunny cut from the Tim Holtz die. I inked it on one side with embossing ink and covered it with Tim Holtz distressed embossing powder, brushed corduroy. Before I took my heat gun to it I used a paint brush to brush away the powder in the center of the ear and over the tail. Then I used worn lipstick embossing powder over those two places. I set the embossing powder with my heat gun. Then I sketched and cut this cute little Easter basket out of the teal hounds-tooth paper and filled it with eggs {buttons.} I tied a little ribbon around the top to finish it.

Now we are going to head out for more birthday fun!

I hope I've inspired you;)




No comments:

Post a Comment