background

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Long Time No Blog

So I managed to make it through all of April without updating my blog. Time seems to be flying by faster than ever. The other day I was trying to figure out why I have been so busy!?! Then it hit me, I am starting 10 new things at once. I am becoming a swimmer and a cyclist in an effort to diversify my workouts so that I will be able to run even when I'm an old lady. I recently got a Silhouette die cut machine and have been very busy trying to learn to use it. And I am trying to find a good anatomy class I can take while I'm waiting for my Pilates certification courses to begin in the Fall. Starting all these new things at once has taken up so much of my time that my blog went unwritten. Well, I'm back! And even though I have not been blogging I have been designing lots of new layouts. Here are a few of my favorites.


The story behind this one is that I went into Aubrey's room and found these Iron Men sitting on the chaise {one in a mini skirt} so I had to take a photo. As it turns out Aubrey wanted to play dollhouse and Cullen would only play if they used Iron Man instead of Aubrey's dolls. They compromised:)
This layout was fun. I used a script stamp to alter the solid colored background paper and the photo mat was made by soaking the salmon color paper in water and then crinkling it and drying it with my heat gun. I love the effect. The little journaling card is tucked behind the photo. It says:
The two of you are so active... its no wonder that my favorite time of day is when you are ASLEEP



The journaling on this one is really sweet. I love the photos of my little boy with all those CURLS!

I swore I would always remember what a little devil you were at 2 years old. I promised myself that I would not forget the panic and worry you caused me. I used to say that the two little curls on either side of your forehead were there to cover your horns. I vowed I would always remember how difficult you were... but I look at these photos of you and I cannot recall why I would have ever thought those thing about you.



No comments:

Post a Comment