background

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Only {25} Days 'til Christmas!

I am so excited about this next "altered item" that will be hanging in my home this month and counting down the days until Christmas.



{note the reflection in the glass, that's my tree all lit up! I think Karen Russell would be proud of my composition here}



You know how sometimes you just REALLY like certain papers. I mean really, really like them to the point that you don't even want to use them. Well, that is what happened to me with the FRUITCAKE line by Basic Grey. I like to use the really yummy papers {like the Fruitcake line} in home dec projects since they are displayed rather than hidden in the pages of a scrapbook. That line also worked really well because the papers are all double sided which gives each card a finished look rather than having an unfinished backing.



The Details of the Project~
Here is what products I used and how I made the countdown calendar. The words, numbers and oval outline are all from a rub-on kit I ordered from Stampin' Up last season. I bought the picture frame from Target and applied the outline and the words to the glass. I found a little clothes pin in my stash and painted it black then attatched it to the glass with glue dots. The background paper is Making Memories FA LA LA line. I used the Basic Grey Fruitcake line to make all of the different numbered cards. The numbers were from the Stampin' Up kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment