background

Friday, July 2, 2010

Make It Your Own

When I can't find just the right embellishment for a layout I make my own. On this layout I made the transparent butterfly using the Tattered Angels butterfly stamp from the In Flight collection. I inked the butterfly with StazOn ink and stamped it onto transparency paper and then cut it out. I adhered only the center of the butterfly onto the page using glossy accents. I bent the wings up gently to create a little movement and depth on the page. The swirly stamps below the butterfly on my layout are from a stamp that came in the same set. I stamped the entire design on the corner and then I wanted to stamp just the middle swirl just above it. Here is how I did it. First I took masking tape and taped off the part of the stamp I didn't want. Then I inked the stamp. I quickly removed the masking tape and stamped the design on my project. Since the masking tape picked up the ink for the parts of the design I didn't want on my layout I end up with the one swirl that I did want.

1 comment:

  1. You can also use a marker and only colour what you want to stamp. If the ink dries before you are finished colouring onto the stamp, use your breath on the stamp to remoisten and warm a little. Works well!

    Love your work, Spotted you on Scrapbook.com and followed your link to your blog. Fantastic layouts, and all so different, you are not stuck in a style rut, that's for sure.

    Come check out my blog at www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

    Lorena

    ReplyDelete