background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bitter Sweet School Days

Today was a really big day in our home. Today was the first day of 2nd grade for Aubrey and the first day of Kindergarten for Cullen. To be honest I have been dreading this day for years. Every time I would think about what it would be like to send both Aubrey and Cullen off to school for the first time I would feel my heart sink. Now that this day has finally come I am more at peace with it than I thought I would be. I am so excited for Aubrey and Cullen to start this school year. They are both so excited to learn new things and meet new friends that I cannot help but be excited for them.
Cullen going to school is a big change in my life. For nearly 8 years I have been a stay at home mom and revolved my schedule around taking care of these little people and now I will be sending them off to school for 6 1/2 hours a day. I'll still have plenty of work to do but since I won't have all of the little interruptions I hope to carve out a little time to play catch up!
I have so many projects I just haven't had the time to do. I am excited to get to work and knock some old things off of my to do list. First order of business is to get some work done on the kids' school days albums. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful I have so many things left undone. After all I was busy with other things that were simply more important! These pictures of them getting on the bus make me think of a quote:
"Where you are going it is not down on any map; true places never are."
~Herman Melville

Sad for me but so happy for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment