background

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dream

Here is what i did today {notice I used green;)}



I have thought about using fabric in my layouts for years now. I love fabric and so much of my life as a designer has revolved around fabric it only makes sense that I would eventually combine my old life with my new one and finally use some fabric in my layouts. Well that is exactly what happened today. I was trying to organize my fabric a little bit this morning when I came across this green and cream toile. I used it to reupholster a chair that was in my daughter's nursery and had a yard or so left over. It was a nursery rhyme toile complete with the dish running away with the spoon...



and the cow jumping over the moon. I didn't use the cow, just the moon and the clouds. I love the moon. The sleepy~ smiley~ happy~ sweet moon. I thought it would look adorable on a page situated above this picture of my Godson I have been wanting to scrap. Patrick is so sweetly dreaming I wanted to make a soft dreamy layout for this photo.





I used Technique Tuesday stamps to make this tag. {In A Word: Children}



I think the main reason I never did use fabric on a layout is that I wasn't quite sure how to stick it to the page. I could always sew it on but I didn't want that look for this page. I ended up using Glossy Accents to adhere the fabric to the page and it worked perfectly! Of coarse I Fray Checked the edges first.

1 comment:

  1. Cute, however I've only seen 1-picture layouts on this site so far. Do you have any with multiple pictures you could show?

    ReplyDelete